As a bodybuilder, you want to be as big as possible. In order to do that, you need to get muscle mass. In order to get the size you want you have to follow a plan and live by it.
The Winner’s Way to Gaining Muscle Mass
1) The first step in gaining muscle mass is to EAT and EAT then EAT some more. This does not mean McDonald’s throughout the day, but you should be eating at least six times a day! Theses meals should be high in protein and calories. Let’s say you have a 10oz steak and 2 cups of rice – you’re then looking at 1,121 calories 88g of carbs and 83g of protein. Multiply that by six (once for each meal), and you’re consuming over six thousand calories and 250g of protein a day. In theory, a 200 pound bodybuilder should be consuming about 4000 calories a day. You need to work out a plan and perhaps use a food journal to hold yourself accountable for your proper intake.
2) Lift like a champ. You cannot go into a gym and just fool around. Go in with a plan and follow it without a thought of doing something else. Use the gym to its full potential, including its free weights and machine weights. Stay away from the crazy exercises like standing on a exercise ball while doing squats. It looks stupid and its just gives you bad form. Also, lift heavy. If you can only do 250 bench presses four times then do that and do it for four to six sets. Keep increasing the weight over time, i.e. a couple weeks later, make it 255 and so on.
3) Sleep is a crucial factor for mass. During your sleep, your body regenerates and recovers. Your body releases growth hormones during deep sleep, which aids in muscle mass growth, joint repair, and fat loss. You should be getting at least eight hours of sleep a night. Not only does sleep help with recovery, but if you’re not getting adequate sleep then you will have a hard time keeping up at the gym because your sluggish self won’t be able to push through the work out like you want.
The Other Aspects of Gaining Muscle Mass
4) Supplements are very beneficial to gaining mass. You have stimulates like caffeine, which decrease exertion and increase strength and intensity during workouts. Of course, there is also creatine, one of the most important supplements because it aids in gaining strength and muscle growth. Last but not least, whey protein. Whey protein will pack on the size in no time, and with all different kinds out there it will be easy to find one for you.
5) Bench, deadlifts, and squats. Basic exercises will be the most beneficial when trying to get mass. In order to gain muscle you need to cause muscle damage, anabolic hormone release and strength. Bench press, deadlifts,and squats are the best exercises to do in order to achieve great gains.
Gaining Muscle Mass is a Goal
Remember these five steps to gain freaky mass. In order to achieve this, you have to stay focused and have a plan. Don’t give up!